Wednesday, December 26, 2007

What I want to teach my children

I want to teach my children to love, because the world will teach them to hate anyway.
I want to teach them to run, when there isn’t any race.
I want to teach my children that wars are fought in the mind, soldiers die on the battlefield.
I want to teach them that home is a place where no one fights.
I want to teach my children to be special, when all about them will want to generalize.
I want to teach my children to learn to talk if they want to even when no one’s listening.
I want to teach them that sometimes, to be heard, you really don’t need to talk.
I want to teach my children to dream.
I want to teach them to care, about themselves, about others.
I want to teach them to love animals, to fall in love with nature, because there isn’t a greater joy.
I want to teach them to dance.
I want to teach my children to stop when they want, and only when they want.
I want to teach them that it’s okay to cry.
I want to teach my children to be children.
I want to teach them to hear everyone out, and listen to themselves carefully.
I want to teach my children to love people before they judge them.
I want to teach my children that they need to be loved for what they are, and know that sometimes, they are loved in spite of what they are.
I want to teach them to laugh, a laughter rising from the pit of the stomach, gurgling its way up, and splashing happiness all about when it finally erupts.
I want to teach them to create their own music.
I want to teach my children that it will be better than this.
I want to teach my children to decide what they really want to learn from all that I want to teach them.

No comments: